Saturday, July 20, 2013

Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef Jackpot

A couple of months ago, after watching some enlightening documentaries, we decided to cut meat out of our diet.  Not totally, we're definitely not vegetarians, and my carnivore-hunting husband could never commit to such a thing.  However, I quit buying commercially processed meat during my weekly shopping trips and I no longer build our meals around a meat source.

We still enjoy meat every once in a while which is how I stumbled upon this deal.  I added bison chili to our weekly meal plan and headed to the meat department.  I was immediately drawn to the sale tag in front of the organic grass fed ground beef.  At first I thought maybe it was a mistake so I asked the store employee walking by.  He confirmed the price and I started throwing pound after pound of meat in my cart.  I hit the Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef Jackpot!  Who cares that I haven't been cooking with meat much.  I couldn't pass up a good sale!  It was either $1.99/lb for beef or $9.99/lb for bison.  Yep, no question! 

So, now we have 25 pounds of beef in the freezer for our future enjoyment.  Score!


No comments:

Post a Comment